Every Cub Scout and Boy Scout makes an oath as part of being a Scout. This oath reads:
On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
But what does this mean? Let’s break it down:
- On my honor- I promise
- I will do my best-try my hardest always
- to do my duty to God and my country – do what I have to for our Savior and country
- and obey the Scout Law-follow what the Scout Law states
- to help other people at all times – always try to find ways to serve others
- to keep myself physically strong – stay physically fit
- mentally awake – keep our minds fit
- and morally straight.- have good intentions.
This page was created by: Mikey C. of Troop 1751 as part of his Digital Technology Merit Badge.